Here’s a good example of what a good use of the various pieces of a Facebook newsfeed conversion ad looks like:
Notice the following:
- Text description at top of the ad introduces the service and describes exactly what it does.
- Headline below ad image introduces a special offer on the service described
- Further information on the offer is in the News Feed Link Description section below the Headline.
- Ad image grabs initial attention and ties the ad together with a summary of the offer on the service.
- Display Link should always be used – it gives the ad a more professional appearance and adds trust in this case by referencing a recognizable domain (Dish.com).
In this particular case, a more direct “Sign up” Call To Action button might have been better but “Learn More” is probably a pretty decent away to go about it too.